Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Floral Art

Some days, while the girls are at school and the house is quiet (minus the pawing of the tortoise to escape her box and be left free to roam the house)...I find myself in a mode of procrastination (hard to believe, I know).  So I turn to my trusty Canon 30d and take advantage of the time I have to.....well, procrastinate some more.  I mean really, taking pictures and editing is SO much more fun than laundry (which is evil and never-ending).

One such days when I am avoiding laundry, I take advantage of my front and back yards...we really do have some amazing flowers...and the bees are constantly buzzing around, and kid #3 loves to pick flowers and show them to me...the list goes on.  I have not, as of yet, been able to capture the various hummingbirds that frequent our flowers, but that is a goal.

I have included some of my more recent and favorite floral photos, which I am considering making into note card packets.  After all, the economy is tight, Christmas is approaching, and there is something nice about preparing gifts that I was able to create and giving them for the holidays. (Plus, as much as I love email and I do, because it's super convenient...there is something special about sending and receiving a HANDWRITTEN note...you just can't deny that!)


"Iris" - LA County Arboretum - April 2008



"Iris 2" - LA County Arboretum - April 2008



"Pink" - LA County Arboretum - April 2008



"Hibiscus" - LA County Arboretum - April 2008



"Cactus Bloom" - LA County Arboretum - April 2008



"Iris 3" - LA County Arboretum - April 2008



"Mum" - Altadena, CA - October 2008



"Trumpet Vine" - My Front Yard - September 2008



"Iris 4" - LA County Arboretum - April 2008



"Kid 3 Painted" - My Front Yard - July 2008



"Salvia Macro" - My Front Yard - July 2008



"Bee" - My Front Yard - July 2008

No comments: