Monday, October 27, 2008

The 70s vs. 2008.....

Kidlet #3 has been wearing glasses since she was about 2 1/2...poor child inherited my eyes - I had the same condition, at the same age.  THANKFULLY, kid #3 isn't living in the 70s, because I have to say...the 70s were unusually cruel for spec-wearers and I clearly was a victim of bad glasses styling.  See...here's proof of what happens when your conservative 70s mother picks your specs:

Now, so as to not induce poor self-esteem onto kid #3, I've always given her the opportunity to choose her own specs.  I mean, after all, SHE is the one wearing them and SHE needs to feel good in them, you know?  She had a tendency to keep to the straight and narrow, wearing the affable wire-rimmed.  Really...she only changed color, moving from brown to lavender - because "purple is my favorite color"...and who am I to argue with color selection?

Last week she had her two-year update.  I reminded her that she had the option to keep her current wire specs (which had, more times than naught, become the play toy of school friends who had the bad manners of taking them off her face), or getting a new pair.  To my absolute amazement...she elected to get new ones.  I was THRILLED!  Really, I love her optometrist dearly, but when we were seeing him weekly for spec adjustments, it was getting a bit old.

INTRODUCING...the new & improved (and tres FUNKY) kid #3!



p.s.  Don't mind the Shrek ears....I think she's going to go far in life!  Now for a haircut.....

No comments: